In John 1:40-42a (NIV) we read, “Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus.”
Bring a Friend is based on that passage. Those of us who have a personal relationship with Christ must seek out our brothers and sisters who don’t know Him and bring them to Him. We do this by making a list of those we know who need to know Jesus, then praying for them and building/strengthening our relationships with them. We make plans to take them to the Celebration outreach events, not just invite them to go. Many people have come to Christ because of Bring A Friend.
This program encourages you to:
- Look Around – to identify relatives, friends, co-workers, or acquaintances who need Christ.
- Look Up – by regularly praying for these individuals and for the opportunity to strengthen your relationship with them.
- Look Out – for ways to cultivate friendships with each person on your list and earn their confidence, ultimately finding opportunities to talk with them about Christ.
- Look Forward – to invite each person to a Celebration meeting.
- Look After – those who respond to the invitation or show an interest in learning more about the Gospel.
Make your list today and start praying!
Below you can find our Bring a Friend resource that you can download, print, and use as needed: